• Maria Shalack

Claim Checks and the Mortgage Endorsement

When the insurance company issues a check for damages to your home or business, they are required to name the mortgage company or lien-holders as a payee on the check because they have an interest in your property. Getting the check endorsed by these entities can be a arduous process. The mortgage company have limits that determine if the draft will be endorsed and send back to you or deposited in escrow and monitor the repairs. It depends on the damages, if the loan is current and the amount of the loan. Each bank is different. In some cases they hold the money and won’t release anything until you have provided all the documents required such as licensed contractor’s information. It takes calling them multiple times and documenting everything. In most cases it is more frustrating than dealing with your insurance company. If you decide to hire a Public Adjuster to represent you on the claim, make sure they can help you with this process in order to protect your interest and expedite it. We make it part of our services to make sure our clients get all the money released by the mortgage company. If you had a claim and the mortgage company is holding the funds, let us know.

10 views0 comments


  • Facebook
  • Instagram


18886 DAMAGE

© 2020 by A&H Public Adjusters Corp.

Maria E. Shalack, SPPA- FL Lic E018832 - Bonded -

Address: 3105 NW 107th Ave.

Suite 400B3. Doral, FL 33172